Shrikant Sharat Kandula — Rèsumè
+91 98674 88842 · [email protected] · sharats.me · March 1988
Namaste! I’m Shri, from India. I’m interested in working with remote companies, working close to the Indian time zone. Prefer software companies.
Skills / Highlights¶
Several open source projects and contributions on GitHub. May provide a better idea of my experience than this document.
Currently building Prestige, as an open-source side project, mostly because I needed a tool like this for myself.
Vim user since 2007, IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate since 2015, are both still my preferred hammers at most nails.
Actuarial Subjects: Financial Math, Financial Econ, Statistics, Models, +5 more.
Certified AWS Developer Associate, which means, well, that I can tell the difference between EC2 and raisins.
Most recent at the top. Intentionally brief, only to serve as conversation starters.
- Mar 2020 — Developer with Appsmith, Remote
- Building a new-age open-source low-code tool to make building internal tools super easy, super focused, and super fun.
- Nov 2017 — Developer with S&P Global, Mumbai
- Worked with a team on a Spring application for computing custom indices based on the day’s market data. Each custom index’s calculation was coded as a Python script, that was executed in a Jython sandbox. The computed index values were then stored and used for EOD report generation.
- Dec 2014 — Consultant with Calypso Tech, Mumbai
- Worked with multiple institutions like Emirates NBD (Dubai), FHLB (San Francisco), Letterone (London), IndusInd Bank (Mumbai) etc., to fix-up or implement a risk management solution for their trading team(s).
~Two year sabbatical, living with my family, training myself on Actuarial Sciences, and on how to be an overall professional. Yes, being an effective communicator, and being a respected professional, are skills that ought to be studied.
- Dec 2010 — Support Engineer with Calypso Tech, Mumbai
- Started as a support engineer for infrastructure and core application related problems for customers, ended up automating a lot of their support processes using Python.
- Aug 2009 — Developer with Knolskape, Bengaluru
- Built business simulation games and training portals, both as part of a team, and solo, for clients such as INSEAD Business School, JP Morgan among others.
CALT (Centre for Advanced Learning Technologies) at INSEAD Business School, Fontainebleau.
PSD (Practice School Division) at BITS, Pilani.
Business Intern with Hetero Drugs, Hyderabad.
Graduated from BITS (Birla Institute of Technology & Science), Pilani, Rajasthan, with M.Sc. [Tech.] Information Systems, in the Summer of 2009.
If you’ve read this far, thank you.
Hobbies include reading on my Kindle, running around with my ~2yo and playing on my XBox with my wife.
Travelled/Worked around the world, India, the US, France, Dubai.
Find me on LinkedIn. Document generated on 2022-09-10. View the latest version of this document.